dt 125 power valve

nedery
This post is 4036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

when power valve kicks in bike starts to stutter, can the power valve get stuck? how do you go about fixing it?

Hi, the powervalve can need cleaning to remove carbon etc., here is a useful set of pics , watch out which way you replace the valve , they can go in 180 degrees out . This site also has manuals

http://www.dtr125.net/videohtml/ypvs/powervalve.htm

Bob-C

• 3 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys ime having similar problems it seems electrical after a an handfull off revs the bikes valve stops working i pull up turn of ignition listen to the valve di]o its cycle fire her back up and off she goes again,when i set the valve i took off the exhaust and set it to fully open i.e turned on ignition let the valve do its cycle looked up the port and could see the valve was in its fully open position.is this right?any help would be much appreciated as theres no power till 6000 rpm then wallop off she goes cheers mick

This thread is long dead.

Start a fresh one. You will get more help that way.