divvy dipstick :/

jennings1992
This post is 5211 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right this might sound really stupid but where is the dipstick on my diversion 400?

obviously iv found the window for the gearbox oil but for the life of me i cant find the engine oil dipstick anywhere, i think its the same engine as the older fazers if this helps atall? any helps appreciated :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

look down on the right hand side of the bike while sitting on it, give the clutch a felch, you see that big grey bulging side plate ? at the top near the front is the oil filler cap/dip stick :mellow:

Nope the engine and gear box are lubricated by the same oil source, have a look at that cap again m8y there may be a tiny 'stub' where the 'stick' has been broken off ?

HTH :)

As mentioned the gearbox oil and engine oil are the same source. You say you found the sight window well that is how you check the engine/gearbox oil with the bike upright i.e on the centre stand.On Yamahas you either have a dipstick in the filler cap or a sight glass but not both. Tony.

:blush: I must start reading posts twice, 'the wee window,,,ahhhhh'

wot YPVS said :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online