FZR clutch problems

The axe man cometh
This post is 5216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all,

Any ideas on lightening the clutch on an fzr 400 3tj? I've made sure the lever isn't fouled up, that the cable runs free and isn't kinked/snagged on anything, cleaned and greased the lever mechanism and screw thread, even taken the basket to bits and made sure everything is seated and free of burs and damage...yet when i build it back up its no better. I took the chance whilst it was in pieces to replace the plates and springs with the specified parts but still its made no difference...at the lever the pull is very heavy for what i'm used to with a cable operated unit, so i'm open too any suggestions on what the issue may be. Any ideas?

Many thanks...Gizz.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Evening all,

Any ideas on lightening the clutch on an fzr 400 3tj? I've made sure the lever isn't fouled up, that the cable runs free and isn't kinked/snagged on anything, cleaned and greased the lever mechanism and screw thread, even taken the basket to bits and made sure everything is seated and free of burs and damage...yet when i build it back up its no better. I took the chance whilst it was in pieces to replace the plates and springs with the specified parts but still its made no difference...at the lever the pull is very heavy for what i'm used to with a cable operated unit, so i'm open too any suggestions on what the issue may be. Any ideas?

Many thanks...Gizz.

had the same problem with my FZR600 3HE , i took all the burrs of the clutch basket put it all back together ,and it was still the same , so i put a new cable on and its fine , im not saying it is your cable but its worth giving it a shot,

it could be bent pushrod or you have lost the steel ball which goes at the end of the transmission main shaft

found this if its any good

My link

cheers

Al

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online