XT 350 Running Problems

Rinksy
This post is 5228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there.

I have myself an 1995 XT350 which has been running fine up until i changed the exhaust for an old one i had lying around, started the bike up and it dident sound at all right, as if it was missing? then went for a ride and for upto 4k revs fine then from 4k onwards it splutters really bad and wont really go anymore, its alomost like its going then not sort of start stop really not sounding good, i then put the standerd pipe back on to find the problem was still there?

After hours of playing with various bits, cleaning carb, checking wires etc, it still dident work, i then tryed one last time and it started working again. I decided to try the other pipe again which caused it to start all over again, now putting the stock pipe back on i have the problem again and wont seem to go this time, dose anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like it might be a restriction problem :unsure:

Have you DeRestricted it?.....

Look for what looks like an oversized washer....in the exhaust & or intake ports of the cylinder head, & remove it.

Hope this Helps :unsure:

BTW..... :welcome: to the forum!

Hi again, thankyou for the replies

Ive checked for any restrictors theres nothing there, its just odd that it was running fine, put another pipe on it, wont rev above 4k then put the stock pipe on and its doing the same, when it was running fine before i put another pipe on it, i would expect it to start working again once the stock pipe is back on, the problem before seemed to just sort itself somehow when i put the pipe on the first time and it started doing it, im going to try having a run around see if it gets better or clears itself again, ill let you know how i get on. thanks again.