can i make a xvs 125 louder? slip on's???

lucky13
This post is 5227 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys,

i got a xvs 125 but i want to make it louder, now i took it to my local garage and they said slip on's are a not gonna work cud the pipes are 1 piece (even though i know someone with a dragstar who said his back pipe has a slip on) can anyone confirm this? only other options are removing baffles, drilling holes into the exhaust or removing the silencer (if possible) any idea which way to go? or any other ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can buy aftermarket pipes but they tend to be expensive... as for slipons - check out alchemy bikes - if you email they'll respond/call you back. They're very friendly & will give you a quick answer.

there are a few videos on youtube of the 125 with aftermarket exhausts such as:

Don't know whether drilling the exhaust would do anything noticable? I know people drill the 1300 exhaust as there's a plate halfway the pipe - not sure if it's in the 125?

If you do change exhaust or remove baffles you may need to rejet?

Final thought, not sure how old you are/have a license etc but you may be better saving the £££s and putting it towards the 650 Dragstar?

Why?

Again, why?

Why do people keep asking how to make their 125s louder?

OK, let's say I make it loud. I mean properly loud. Harley loud.

Then what?

You have a bike that can talk the talk, but not walk the walk.

Why not save your cash and your street cred and wait until you have at least a 650 Drag?

Anyone worth impressing can instantly tell you're on a 125 Drag, including yourself.

Trust me - It's worth the wait. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online