clutch adjust?

petercnm
This post is 5229 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

i just disconnected the clutch cable on my drag star, and put it back (working on the handlebar). I measured the exact position of the 2 nuts at the lower end of the cable.

Put everything back the way it was, but now i notice that when the bike is in gear, and i pull the clutch lever, it doesnt seem to be completely free rolling, as if it was in free. I tried adjusting the nuts so the clutch gets pulled more, but it doesnt seem to help.

Is that normal? Should the bike feel completely free when i pull the clutch lever?

thanks

Peter

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all,

i just disconnected the clutch cable on my drag star, and put it back (working on the handlebar). I measured the exact position of the 2 nuts at the lower end of the cable.

Put everything back the way it was, but now i notice that when the bike is in gear, and i pull the clutch lever, it doesnt seem to be completely free rolling, as if it was in free. I tried adjusting the nuts so the clutch gets pulled more, but it doesnt seem to help.

Is that normal? Should the bike feel completely free when i pull the clutch lever?

thanks

Peter

the way i would test it is take it on a run and see if it slips in a high gear not sure on drags tho good luck

When the bike is in neutral and you walk with it a few feet,,

Then you select 1st gear and pull the clutch and walk another few feet, it will not b as free as when in neutral.

This is ok and normal, the clutch is just taking the weight of the gearbox turning,, it will never b as free as when in neutral

If you took the cable off for oiling,,

Putting the cable back on in exactualy the same place as you took it off might not mean the clutch is adjustited propperly.

After oiling the cable it can stretch and flex a bit more (which is good)

There is a setting at handle-bar level if you want to be more prosise

From lever but-end to where lever rests this should b no more than 3 - 5 mm freeplay (when the clutch starts to pull bottom end)

Hope I explained clear as Im not to good at putting into words what im trying to say !!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online