fzr1000 headlight modification/brighter bulbs????

andy1488
This post is 5250 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:wank4az:hi....i own a 92reg fzr1000 ru exup,,,which comes with the amazingly small headlights with no reflective units at all(think this is classed as the import headlight) :wank4az: .anyway,after taking the front fairing off,you are left with a light unit with 2 bulb holders in.the bulbs for this model are 40/55watts.which means at night you are riding blind.

first question....can the headlight unit be replaced by somthing else which takes a larger bulb,thus larger wattage = i can see at night..

second question....can i just get higher wattage bulbs???80/100watts etc...

the other fzr's have the big round headlights,which i think takes a standard H4 size fitting,but mine has a trapezoid? shaped light which you just plug the bulbs into.

which i think are a H7 size..

as i live in semi rural lancashire,,night riding is not fun as i cant really see the bloody road.

any help on this matter would be much appreciated as the long nights are here and i prefere to see where i am going.....

should i just strap a big torch on the front??????????????

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

should i just strap a big torch on the front??????????????

:lol::lol:

If it is just h4 bulbs then get down your local halfords and get some 100/80w bulbs...

Or if your sure its an import spec headlight try tracking 1 down 2 see if its got reflectors in it.

But if theyr h7's (hope your sittin down) priced them on evilbay and thy range from 9.70 upto 29.45 a pair!!!!!

Although i did find this on that cursed site item no 350268503821....

dunno if any of that helps but u never know :lol:B)

my last FZR was an import & bulbs cost £58 for the pair.

Go to a local motor factors, i found them lot more useful than Halfords etc.

Ended up finding bulbs i needed were a Jap car headlight bulb!

your local bike shop should be able to get hold of more powerful bulbs or your local motor factor halfords arent the most switched on people about when it comes to stuff like this.