what type of paint for fenders

happysnapper
This post is 5267 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

All going to plan with my restoration of a DT250MX (1980),finished painting the engine and exhaust, new piston rings, everything polished and cleaned where needed.

Boiled carb and other parts in lemon juice (without rubbers) worked a treat.

reconnected the autolube set cable fitted all new pipes (clear for the one going into the carb) and bled the oil.

Now getting ready to paint the front and rear fenders, which had been previously painted, paint had cracked all over, so have taken off with paint stripper.

To avoid previous which would be the best type of spray paint to use, has anyone had any success/reccomendations in this. Will be painting it white.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Doesnt really matter but score them with medium wet / dry first, than prime, then smooth off again before top coat. It laquering it would be best to use a petrol resistant version but this is more important on the fuel tank.

These are plastic and painted using rattle cans, for a DT175MX

DT175MXSide-panels.jpg

RFender_3.jpg

Very nice, if mine come up that good I will be pat myself on the back.

Hi All

All going to plan with my restoration of a DT250MX (1980),finished painting the engine and exhaust, new piston rings, everything polished and cleaned where needed.

Boiled carb and other parts in lemon juice (without rubbers) worked a treat.

reconnected the autolube set cable fitted all new pipes (clear for the one going into the carb) and bled the oil.

Now getting ready to paint the front and rear fenders, which had been previously painted, paint had cracked all over, so have taken off with paint stripper.

To avoid previous which would be the best type of spray paint to use, has anyone had any success/reccomendations in this. Will be painting it white.

Thanks in advance.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online