what jets do you reccomend

little dave
This post is 5284 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

on my 1974 dt175 i have the mikuni carb with the round slide.

anyhow it has come time for me to buy some parts for it, float gasket, mostly.

but i figured as long as i was at it i would finally buy a main jet.

my air filter is pretty much one of the cone ones.

and when i got the carb it had a lump of lead blocking the jet intake and a regular bolt in the banjo bolt hole. (basically it had a fully clogged main jet.)

i removed the lead and fashioned a cap for the opening so as to allow fuel to be able to flow into the main jet intake area. but without a main jet installed, (never had one) it tends to run really rich, even with the throttle needle in the top notch. i want to put in a main jet assy.

which jet would be appropriate for a low restriction air intake?

I dont want to spend the money on all 3 if i can avoid it, and i dont want to run too lean, or have the same problem i do now.

my choices are 150, 160, and 170.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

on my 1974 dt175 i have the mikuni carb with the round slide.

anyhow it has come time for me to buy some parts for it, float gasket, mostly.

but i figured as long as i was at it i would finally buy a main jet.

my air filter is pretty much one of the cone ones.

and when i got the carb it had a lump of lead blocking the jet intake and a regular bolt in the banjo bolt hole. (basically it had a fully clogged main jet.)

i removed the lead and fashioned a cap for the opening so as to allow fuel to be able to flow into the main jet intake area. but without a main jet installed, (never had one) it tends to run really rich, even with the throttle needle in the top notch. i want to put in a main jet assy.

which jet would be appropriate for a low restriction air intake?

I dont want to spend the money on all 3 if i can avoid it, and i dont want to run too lean, or have the same problem i do now.

my choices are 150, 160, and 170.

Hi Dave, if your bike is a DT175A the correct standard jet would be 150, you are running a less restrictive filter so that will require a richer jet, say 160. Also air density has an effect too, high altidude and hot dry climates etc also have the effect of richening further. I would go for the 160 first and do a plug chop, put the needle back to the correct clip position. jets aren't expensive anyhow so you could even buy a choice of the sizes ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online