DT175 1974 blinker relay

professor nick
This post is 5280 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I have nearly completed a resto on my DT175A and need a blinker relay. Its a three wire type but some of the bike wreckers here are saying that I can use an after market 2 pin type because two of the wires going to the original relay are only earth wires and I could join them together if I went with the after market type.

It doesn't look right to me on the wiring diagram.

Would anyone have any thoughts on this as I can't find the original relay at the moment for a reasonable price.

Cheers

Sean

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Paul, that explains the diagram perfectly to me now

I maintain my search for the original relay

Sean

Y'know though Sean, my bike (DT175MX) only has the two wires, a brown 6v supply and a Br/W output to the switch and lamps, dont see why that wont work on yours, it doesnt use a chassis connection.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

Not been on the forum for a while but saw your post.

Hopefully you have it sorted by now.

I replaced the relay on the 250 and tried a wrecker first for one that was original(ish). It didn't work then another place sold me a new two pin relay saying it would work. I couldn't get it and then ended up at another place where I got a new three pin one that worked fine. I could go and get the details off the bike it if you need it assuming that they'd use the same relay.

Gordo