Commutting on a YZF R125

Millz_1985
This post is 5307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

Ive recently purchased a rossi replica 125, lovely-responsive bike to ride. I was contemplating getting rid of my car and using my bike to commute. (Obviously only when weather permitting).

Does anybody have any experiance/view on this as to whether its a good or bad idea.

I appreciate any input.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Driving your bike on a daily basis will take the fun out of it, especially when its only a 125

Keep the bike for dry sunny weekend days where you can really have some fun.

I believe a bike should be used to get away from things and have some fun rather than driving the daily grind to and from work.

expect if you have an R1, that way you will look forward to your commute every day, those things are never boring

I used to do a 30mile round trip to college every day no matter the weather on my dt, loved every day of it :)

I say go for it ;)

I used my daughter's YBR125 in the summer on the motorway everyday...35 miles round trip....bike is there to ride..one less car on the road and its economical too...