year make model

popalong
This post is 5322 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im still looking for help to figure out the certs on yam dt400e 19**, the plate on frame and crank case match, 1M2-111791 mfd 12/77 the date it was bought was 4/20/79 and i have first issue title and on it ses that it is a 79, if im told correctly new modles come out sept,so someone tell me if im not right "it should be a 1978"?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im still looking for help to figure out the certs on yam dt400e 19**, the plate on frame and crank case match, 1M2-111791 mfd 12/77 the date it was bought was 4/20/79 and i have first issue title and on it ses that it is a 79, if im told correctly new modles come out sept,so someone tell me if im not right "it should be a 1978"?

Mines a 1979, first regisrered in 83...it happens! ;)

Hi

I guess from 1M2-111791 you have a 78, assuming the bike has mono shock rear suspension and electronic ignition. If the bike is twin shock and points this would point to an earlier bike (which in the UK was not VIN plated & relied on the model code to id it). In the UK the DT250 was a bad seller so old stock continued from one year to the next. But looking at 1M2-111791this would indicate the second years production as there is little chance that 111791 units would have been assembled in one year from such a low volume seller

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online