ronded off bolt

black night
This post is 5378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The bolt on the left hand side of my XJ 600. that is used to adjust the chain is all rounded and cant get it to move any ideas of how I code get it off. I have new bolts to put on when I do. Before any say I have be using a spanner that that was to big. I was not the metal is all rusty and soft

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

never had vise grips slip myself, but, i usually turn the bottom adjuster a bit more than needed and almost break my hands squeezing the suckers into locked position.

The bolt on the left hand side of my XJ 600. that is used to adjust the chain is all rounded and cant get it to move any ideas of how I code get it off. I have new bolts to put on when I do. Before any say I have be using a spanner that that was to big. I was not the metal is all rusty and soft

I use a set of special sockets made by a firm called IRWIN. these have a fluted inside that bites into the rounded head of the bolt for removal. Although a bit expensive at about £50 for the set they easily pay themself back in situations like yours. They can be bought at Machinemart etc.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online