silkolyn oil

up.yours
This post is 5405 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

unfortunatly my rd350lc takes a propper hammering at weekends when im out with the big boys ,ie,1200 badits 900 ducatis and big kwaks,and yes i keep up with them all,. {exept on motorways} anyway i use silkolyn comp2 pre mix coz i dont trust pumps,but the other day i used my reserve bottle of oil then ran out of fuel as you do,got to the station who didnt stock my silk,waddya mean ya dont do silk i sez,oh my god ,phil yull have to go and find some i aint puttin that cheep shite in my tank. BUT,would it do any harm using it just the once,what do you lot think? :huh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

doubt it would make much difference, ive been using comma branded two stroke since ive had my DT and i really do thrash the hell out of that, if you were using it just the one time then i cant see any harm in it

wow you got a jawa 350 ,i put 119,000 miles on one set of pistons on one of them then sold it ? in my younger days that was ,hope you enjoy it as much as i did :D

this ones got about 13,000 on the clock... or 113,000... not 100% sure which

currently im having charging problems so i doubt it will ever be roadworthy :(

any way back to the oil question,obviously the little bitch{elsie} is gettin on now, and my mate who i lied to ,i said ide take it easy on her to him,HA HA. told me to only use the most expensive oil i can afford,does that make sence, :rolleyes: it does to me, the thing is with this oil ive no oily pipes or carbon biuld up on the baffles ,and i thought other oils may cause an unwanted biuld up.

wouldnt have thought so if you are just using it the one time.

in my DT i do get a lot of oil and carbon build up in the exhaust but i am running a very rich mixture to keep the temperature down.

hey , dude just read your profile ,your a busy boy. just take it easy with the girlies. :lol::lol::lol: