talkin shite

up.yours
This post is 5407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:angry: i have an rd350lc with noisy{rattley}shims .on close inspection i found there were no shims in their,oh,maybe its the pads doing the rattling then.ill order some from my local dealers in bolton {i wont name the shop}but they told me i cant order a shim kit,the shims only come with a new calliper.{origenal yamaha part} it seems very expensive to replace the cals every time your shims were out.are they TALKIN SHITE or what.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think sh*te

Get the part numbers here and go into the shop and ask for these part numbers. Check the year of the bike is correct.

My 250 brakes used to rattle a lot, never bothered me!

I think sh*te

Get the part numbers here and go into the shop and ask for these part numbers. Check the year of the bike is correct.

My 250 brakes used to rattle a lot, never bothered me!

thanks dirtydt but my elsie is a 1981 .although the parts are on the micro filch,they only supply them with calipers, so like you ill learn to live with the rattlej or may be change the effin pads to a better brand ,erm may be ferado ,what do you think ?. :rolleyes:

thanks dirtydt but my elsie is a 1981 .although the parts are on the micro filch,they only supply them with calipers, so like you ill learn to live with the rattlej or may be change the effin pads to a better brand ,erm may be ferado ,what do you think ?. :rolleyes:

Live with the rattle till the pads wear out. If they can rattle then they are free to move. Wouldn't bother me. I took the springs OFF my suzuki's brakes to allow them to move freely.

Let them rattle, it isn't a problem. You can't hear them if you get the exhaust howlling anyway!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online