650 XS special carb Problem

daisybrown780
This post is 5412 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check to make sure your getting fuel into your float bowls. If there is fuel, then it's probably a clogged jet. If there isn't fuel in the float bowl then probably need to adjust your float level but it could possibly be something clogging your fuel petcock or your gas lines.

Check to make sure your getting fuel into your float bowls. If there is fuel, then it's probably a clogged jet. If there isn't fuel in the float bowl then probably need to adjust your float level but it could possibly be something clogging your fuel petcock or your gas lines.

Hi, thanks for getting back.

Fuel getting to both float chambers, all jets are clear, feed pipe from tank free flowing, when i start her it will not pull the fuel through the carb, i can manually lift the main needle slide in an attempt to draw more fuel but no affect, i have checked the diaphragm and it is in good order, i have pulled a small vacum on the diaphragm and it functions correctly, it operates the needle up and down.

Yes i agree it has to be a blockage somewhere or possibly sucking air but i have checked everything and can not find the problem.

The bike has been parked up in my garage for 10 years and it was running perfect when i put it there.

Hi, thanks for getting back.

Fuel getting to both float chambers, all jets are clear, feed pipe from tank free flowing, when i start her it will not pull the fuel through the carb, i can manually lift the main needle slide in an attempt to draw more fuel but no affect, i have checked the diaphragm and it is in good order, i have pulled a small vacum on the diaphragm and it functions correctly, it operates the needle up and down.

Yes i agree it has to be a blockage somewhere or possibly sucking air but i have checked everything and can not find the problem.

The bike has been parked up in my garage for 10 years and it was running perfect when i put it there.

10 years standing and you can't find a blockage!!!

the whole thing will be gunged up with waxy spent fuel. you need to strip the carbs down completly and send them to merv so he can put them in his ultrasonic bath.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online