toolkit for ybr 125

bornard
This post is 3554 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had my ybr 125 3 months now, really enjoying it, but I'm mechanically useless, to the extent that I can't even work out how to remove the toolkit from its little box. I could probably yank it out but then might not be able to get it back in, without damaging the rubber holder thing.

Also any tips on cleaning and basic maintenance welcome.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Had my ybr 125 3 months now, really enjoying it, but I'm mechanically useless, to the extent that I can't even work out how to remove the toolkit from its little box. I could probably yank it out but then might not be able to get it back in, without damaging the rubber holder thing.

Also any tips on cleaning and basic maintenance welcome.

a long post (hope u dont get bored reading it :rolleyes: )

got my ybr a while ago, and I LOVE IT TO BITS.. such a sweety, a pleasure to ride, and cheap to run!!

have to say, you made a wise choice going for the ybr..

mine did not have a toolkit in it, but ive put my own little set in it's place.. its located under the left side panel (left, if your sitting on the bike), theres a little black slider you'll need to slide across, stick the key... (sorry :blink: just read your post properly, and figured that you got to it.. :blush:)

erm, there isnt some sort of rubber strap securing it in, id assume so; theres no bits for a strap to clip onto on my bike..

try pulling it gently.. the box that the toolkit should sit in, is plastic on my bike :blink: shouldnt be very hard to get back in, you'll figure it out..

ybr125's are very easy to clean and maintain..

make sure u check the oil level, chain slackness, and the tyre pressures often..

instructions are definately in the handbook, mines down in the bike's house (garage) at the mo, but yamaha had it on their website.. fairly straightforward..

talking about tyres, if you have the stock factory tyres on it, PLEASE pls pls get them changed.. everybody recommends the michelin pilot sporty's or pirelli city demons.. ive got a pair of michelin m45's..

the stock tyres are absolute pants in the rain [unless they finally decided to give good ones nowadays - pls post up which ones they are - should say on the side - i think the stock ones were something along lines of meltezer or some chinese name] (a search up on google will lead u to many threads explaining this, and giving recommendations - but they'll just say the ones ive mentioned above; pilots, or city demons)

to wash it, i wash mine about once a week, gets really grimey riding around london, and now its the summer, expect a few flies on the headlight.. *CLICKY* the second post is VERY HANDY - done by goff, a lovely contributor to the community.. An EXCELLENT read!!

i personally do not go as deep as goff explains every week, i just use car shampoo, a good scrub, and rinse off, then a layer or two of wax - alloy cleaner on the wheels (pls stay away from them tyre shine products - some claim it may affect grip, and id rather not take risks! ;) ) give it a good brushing in around engine area with same shampoo, and rinse off.. once in a while, i'll spend a few hours, and use wd40, spray it all over engine, a good scrub with a brush, and shampoo and rinse it off, but u can get specific engine cleaners, which would probably be better..

around once a month i'll clean and lube the chain, got a chain cleaning brush like this "the common blue one" and use chain cleaner and then let it all dry off, a little lube on it, go for a blast, let chain warm up, then lube it again.. (cleaner and lube available from motorcycle shops, even online from busters/m&p and the like)

hope this helps :unsure:

uzi_999

*edit - thought id add, never use pressure washers - might clean pretty good, but itll do damage to rubber seals, some say dont use a hose pipe - personally, i dont mind a hose pipe, but have pressure very low!! :)

Thanks uzi, appreciate the advice, I've been bold and just pulled the toolkit out. Got it back in ok, but I don't think the rubber holder will last long. I suppose I could just use string.

;)

• 5 years later...

Hi bornard, I'm just like you. I literally just bought my new YBR Custom yesterday and was having a poke around.

I've removed the left side panel but couldn't figure out how to remove the toolkit because of a rubber strap holding it in.

Anyone know how to remove the Custom's toolkit?

Hi Dave it's customary to stop at the new members section and introduce yourself then ask questions.By the sounds of thing you will have lots more questions.

So do your intro and then start a new thread bonard hasent been around since june 2010 so doubt he will answer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online