My $450 Craigslist purchase

onoff
This post is 5417 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I rode out to see this within a few hrs. of the add being posted on Craigslist, I had $500 cash with me, asking price was $750. I pointed out it needs tires (-$200), broken front brake lever (-$20), sign of rust in tank (-$60), worn suspension, missing fasteners on the front fairing, etc.. and the kid selling the bike actually felt bad about neglecting the bike.. but since he already got his GSXR'whatnot, he just wanted cash in his pocket.. I walk away with clean title in hand.

Kid told me others have called to see the bike but couldn't make it out to see the bike until the weekend.. sometimes we get better deals when act fast, I wouldn't feel bad walk away if he didn't accept my offer though.

SUC50049.jpg

SUC50051.jpg

SUC50052.jpg

I replaced the broken front brake lever in the evening.. rode it around the neighborhood for a bit.. took off the front fairiings to investigate the buzzing fairing noise, discovered that I'm missing a piece of plastic between the windshield and speedo instrument.. I'll need some weather strip foam to seal up the gap.. hopefully eliminate the buzzing fairing noise.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm pretty sure they were and are available in UK, also.

looks nice, keep us posted on how it goes :)

are the Secas US only bikes or are they in the UK market aswell?

over the pond here they're called XJ's, either N's (naked) or S's (sissy's), no thats not right (sports) like the one in the pic above, or just the plain old Divvy !

I replaced the rear tire today, stock tire was 140/70-18.. i put a Pirrelli 150/60-18 tire on it, barely clears the rear brake caliper mount, rear shock mount and the swingarm, less than 10mm of clearance..

The rear tire made the bike much easier to lean into turns....

Purchased a set of Supertrapp 4 into 1 full exhaust from eBay.. installed it this morning:

SUC50067.JPG

gallery_2959_90_744821.jpg

This Seca sounds like my old 1989 Honda CB-1 with Kecker exhaust now.

The front fairings are off the bike to fix a crack and source some fastener parts.

Front fairing back on bike, Supertrapp exhaust sounds awsome:

SUC51423.jpg

SUC51421.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online