Best steering stabilizer for 02 r1?

Guest Matty Boh
This post is 5429 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest Matty Boh

New to yamaha club. Bought my first bike last year an 02 r1 and I need a steering g stabilizer. What's a few good choices?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

New to yamaha club. Bought my first bike last year an 02 r1 and I need a steering g stabilizer. What's a few good choices?

Welcome to the forum.

I've been using a Sprint damper on my 2000 for the last 5 years and I’m very happy with it, never had a problem with it.

Have a look at Sprint, Ohlins or Harris, they are all good and fully adjustable, and will keep the front end shakes to a minimum.

Hope that helps.

G'day mate. Soften the front rebound dampening 2 or 3 clicks softer than the factory setting in the handbook before fitting a steering dampener. You may be pleasantly surprised! If you have not made these adjustments before, remember that on upside down forks the rebound adjusters are on the top of the forks. Bump adjusters are on the bottom. HAVE A BLAST! Paul.

[/quote

hi mate i got a ohlins for my 2001 R6 and what a diff it made, use bike mostly for back road blasts and before i fitted damper R6 really was not the bike i thought it would be, now its better than what i could ever have imagined easy to adjust even on the go and looks really good on bike to, have fun