XS 400DOHC 1985

Pharao
This post is 5424 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just bought this very nice motorbike, but I have a problem I just need help to solve.

I could understand, that only the flash light indicators didn't flash when I used the signal to turn, since the flashlights in the rear wasn't there, so yesterday I did start looking for the flasher relay and the wires, so I could get 4 new flash lights on the motorbike.

But I couldn't find the relay and there was only the small wires on the front flash lights, with no connection at all, I think that the flasher relay should be seatet under the the fueltank, because I found an old rubber holder there, but I'm not sure at all.

I've been looking on several wire diagrams, but not something I could realy understand.

So my question is: Is there wires from the flash light indicator (right/left), that should go to the flasher relay and if there is, what colours should I be looking for.

Sorry for my spelling, but I'm from denmark.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just bought this very nice motorbike, but I have a problem I just need help to solve.

I could understand, that only the flash light indicators didn't flash when I used the signal to turn, since the flashlights in the rear wasn't there, so yesterday I did start looking for the flasher relay and the wires, so I could get 4 new flash lights on the motorbike.

But I couldn't find the relay and there was only the small wires on the front flash lights, with no connection at all, I think that the flasher relay should be seatet under the the fueltank, because I found an old rubber holder there, but I'm not sure at all.

I've been looking on several wire diagrams, but not something I could realy understand.

So my question is: Is there wires from the flash light indicator (right/left), that should go to the flasher relay and if there is, what colours should I be looking for.

Sorry for my spelling, but I'm from denmark.

:welcome: to the forum Pharo. I'll check it out tomorrow as I am a little tired right now!!

I've finaly solved the problem, I found the green and brown wires in the headlight casing and the flasher relay was in the frame, just right over the engine it was impossible to see.

I did find it because I did place a new relay/new wires and then the original one did make some noise.

I say thank you for the welcome in this forum and it will be used a lot, that I can promise :D

Tomorrow at 7.30 in the morning, I'm going to see if I can get number plates for the bike, because I think it should be ready for it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online