scotoiler

king of the castle
This post is 5445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive got one fitted to my trusty ER5 and when i get my FJ back ill fit one to that to, cost a bit and need to keep check on oil level and bit at the chain end but boy there are saving me miles and miles of wear, the police (hope its not a dirty word on here) use them on all bikes, and that stuff in cans that used to be used to spray on is like grinding paste and music to garages ears,

who else thinks a scotoiler is the way to go? or do you think its waste of space??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great piece of kit.

Although,,,

You do have to be patient and keep it properly adjusted, otherwise it's either oil slick, or bone dry!! This time of year consider a mix of red and blue oil (about 60/30 (blue/red)) as the blue is just that little bit runny, but the red is too thick on it's own.

I use it on my Tenere, and I have 14,000 miles on the chain from new with no visible wear, and the wheel has only gone back one notch, so loads of life left. In the same time I've gone through a rear tyre and a set of cush rubbers....

If you consider that you can double the life of your drivechain, then the scottoiler pays for itself.

There are other oilers on the market, I've seen 'dump' type oilers that deposit a set amount of oil onto your chain with the activation of a plunger, these are great if you ride off-road as you can effectivly 'wash' your chain with a couple of 'dumps'.

I had a mate who tried an electronic one, can't remember what make, but it was rubbish.

One good thing, the scottoil wshes off your rims/tyres much easier than any tinned product.

Totally agree, brilliant piece of kit. I've had mine for years.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online