1981 DT 175

This post is 5440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

These are rookie questions I know, but I just purchased a sweet low mile 1981 DT 175 and the previous Owner is still looking for the original manual. Can anyone tell me the viscosity and amont for the transmission oil, the spark plug gap, and the spec for chain adjustment?

Thanks - Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

These are rookie questions I know, but I just purchased a sweet low mile 1981 DT 175 and the previous Owner is still looking for the original manual. Can anyone tell me the viscosity and amont for the transmission oil, the spark plug gap, and the spec for chain adjustment?

Thanks - Chris

Engine oil 10w/30

.63-.74us qt (6-700cc)at oil change

1.23-1.41 us qt (7-800cc) at rebuild

plug gap (B9ES)=.6-.8mm .024-.032in

Chain 40-50mm (1.6-2.0inch) Measured (approx) mid point between the tensioner and the rear sprocket and make sure the tensioner works ok its supposed to be greased at regular intervals but often gets forgotten.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your quick response Cynic, that helps a bunch.

Thanks for your quick response Cynic, that helps a bunch.

No problem mate enjoy the bike and welcome to the site.

Hi Chris,

Welcome.

I own a Dt175 '81 also but not quite sweet - Yet!! Here it is right now!

stripped2.jpg

Hi Chris,

Welcome.

I own a Dt175 '81 also but not quite sweet - Yet!! Here it is right now!

stripped2.jpg

is that your blasting shed in the background ?, how are you gettin on with the compressor ? :)

It is and I am going to start blasting this weekend - I hope. If it doesn't work then I will TNT the c*ap off it :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online