Shot blasting large items

DirtyDT
This post is 5446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It weighs the same as a tank.

The tank is the frame. all sealed and with the valve tapped into it.

I'm intrigued with how you start it, it is 240v single phase is it? is there a large capacitor connected to the motor?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm intrigued with how you start it, it is 240v single phase is it? is there a large capacitor connected to the motor?

It is single phase 240v. Just plug it in. It must draw a lot of power on start up as it blows 13amp fuses. I am not sure if there is some kink of converter in there I have only just got it but will look tomorrow.

I had a look at the compressor. It is duel voltage at either 110 or 220. There is no start button but a large electrical box which may contain a capacitor. I wired up a 15 amp lead and plugged it in. It fired up and ran. No fuse blowing which is what I was getting last night so I guess It would run from a 15amp caravan type lead. set the built in pressure gauge and it maintained pressure with the pump cutting in and out. I have Wd'ed anything that needs it including the safety valve. The pressure gauge goes to 140PSI before it hits the red. The hose connector is arrowed it the picture below. It was running when I took the picture and not too noisy so that is a bonus.

comp2.jpg

Looks like a real bargain that does... ;)

Thanks OG.

It must be worth the money in scrap metal.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online