Old biking pictures

DirtyDT
This post is 5446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was going through some pc files yesterday and came across some old pics of great biking times so I thought let's start a thread on it.

Below is a picture of me a good few years ago whilst touring France with a couple of mates. We were heading into Switzerland and came across a fantastic piece of road about 3 miles long with loads of bend and uphill. We were laden with panniers and tents but we stopped at the top of the road we were grinning from ear to ear. Someone said how good it would have been to ride it unladen. We dumped all of our stuff in a layby and spent the next Hour or so riding up and down the raod and taking pictures. Our stuff was still there when we got back. The bike is a CBX550 with a Motad exhaust from Hagons. Not really a scratching bike but all I had at the time. Anyone else got any pics???

kd.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im game:

me, first time on a motorcycle (alone)

my dads kawasaki (thats all i know, I would love to know what year and kind it was, i think it was an enduro)

the year 1977 I was 7 and im a little little guy.

daveonkawasaki.jpg

i was thinking that if i could just get it rolling and get the kickstand up i could ride it....

great pic's

does a pick of me on a moped when i was 5 count (was on the back) lol :)

well it may do .... as long as it was Old Git's Mobylette !!! :lol:

Regards Jim

haha no chance but what ever

these are old to me :P

greece im on the back

P1010067.jpg

first thing i had ever riden 150cc auto quad on the greek island of Kos was 13 maybe younger

PICT0254.jpg

haha thorght i would post this 2 :P

haha my mum looks about 20years older than she does then that was in tearky

P3180086.jpg

Im game:

me, first time on a motorcycle (alone)

my dads kawasaki (thats all i know, I would love to know what year and kind it was, i think it was an enduro)

the year 1977 I was 7 and im a little little guy.

i was thinking that if i could just get it rolling and get the kickstand up i could ride it....

It looks like a KE Kawasaki. I had a TS90 as a first bike which was Suzukis trails. I was riding it in 1977

haha no chance but what ever

these are old to me :P

greece im on the back

first thing i had ever riden 150cc auto quad on the greek island of Kos was 13 maybe younger

PICT0254.jpg

haha thorght i would post this 2 :P

hmm looking at the photo perhaps you should be looking at a Venture Royale :lol::lol::lol:

Regards Jim

It looks like a KE Kawasaki. I had a TS90 as a first bike which was Suzukis trails. I was riding it in 1977

dirty, was that an enduro? the saki?

I used to ride on the gas tank, ot at the very front of the seat, holding on to the center bar of the handle bars, while my dad drove. I loved being up front and seeing the speedo and tach move, and it was like i was driving it (in my imagination) until one day we got pulled over. after that i had to pillon the back. it really sucked, I couldnt see anything. and I couldnt reach the foot pegs.

my first fike came 7 years later, it was a honda xr75.

a few years after that i got a yamaha at100?

all i remember of it was that it was street legal, had low front fender, the exhaust was chrome and on the bottom right(?), and the oil tank bubble was on the left. oh and it was green. the oil mixed in the carb. and it did 45 mph with a fresh tune up. the handle bars were more street style. oh, and regretts now, i slipped the drive gear off its spindle, and i didnt know how to fix it (simple now) but as i remember then, i had to remove the flywheel to get to it. since i had not the tools to do that, and i had just gotten my first car, i left it to rot in a friends garage. i spoke to that friend YEARS later and he told me that eventually his little brother tried to strip it for parts, and was stopped. but that eventually it just went to the dump. :(

dirty, was that an enduro? the saki?.....

They did call a few models "Enduro" but that was to pump the macho egos of the youth. You would not want to enter the Paris - Dakar on one :lol: A little ride on wet grass would throw you off. All the Trails of the day were basically road bikes with a bigger front wheel and an upswept exhaust.

I think it is a KE100 but they also did 125 and 175's.

It was a funny time for UK bikers. The law was we could ride upto 250cc with L plates, no test. Everyone was trying to get GT250 (Suzuki), RD 250 (Yamaha) or KH250 (Kwaka) all 2 stroke roadbikes. The Suzi and Kwaka were 2 cylinders and the Kwazi a triple. On the Honda front I can only remember the 250 Superdream which was a 4 stroke twin but was for old men.

When I picked up my TS90 from the shop I had pulled away and stoped on my friends bike a few times. That was my whole experience of biking. I went to the shop, paid the cash, got the keys and I was on my own. 34 years later and I am still here - Just!!

i found this a while ago back in the days i had this gpx250 took me all over was my first "bigger" bike after passing my test this is from about 1994-5 :blink: when i had long hair :unsure:

Picture072.jpg

These are our old pics from the middle ish 80's not got any earlier ones for some reason

This is the start (in my spare room )

th_lroom.jpg

This is the end result

th_oldbikes.jpg

This is the first streetfighter we built

th_Fighter1-1.jpg

My daughter on the one bike i hated

th_Kwak.jpg

And this is the babe of all bikes that we had toured all round Europe on, and then it was nicked and wrote off :angry:

th_scan.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online