Brit F1 success

Cynic
This post is 5441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anybody else a bit irritated buy the press ALREADY going on the 'If jensen is winning all the races its boring line'.

WTF are these idiots on, we have a brit in a brit car in a brit team giving the rest of the worlds best a can of whup ass.

The Germans and Italians were insuferable with the sucess of their respective Driver/car combo and Murray would have kissed the ground Shuey walked on.

But no not us brits, oh no he wins a couple of races and its boring, have we no pride left or has the bloody country really give up.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The good thing about Jensen Button winning is that it follows on from Lewis Hamilton's success, showing that we can produce drivers of world championship quality

The good thing about Jensen Button winning is that it follows on from Lewis Hamilton's success, showing that we can produce drivers of world championship quality

Funny how it wasn't boring when Lewis was winning every race going. Even if his team were not helping at times....

typical innit british success frowned on , last year half caste winning everything that was marvelous now a white brit doing well he is being put down by some people, the amount of moaners about schumacher winning everything got me as well

how many other drivers were capable of carrying on driving in the wet on dry/intermediate tyres and stay on the track and in front, IMHO Schumacher is the best living F1 driver possibly the best ever, he very likely would have had more of a challenge on his hands has Senna lived longer though

merv

typical innit british success frowned on , last year half caste winning everything that was marvelous now a white brit doing well he is being put down by some people, the amount of moaners about schumacher winning everything got me as well

how many other drivers were capable of carrying on driving in the wet on dry/intermediate tyres and stay on the track and in front, IMHO Schumacher is the best living F1 driver possibly the best ever, he very likely would have had more of a challenge on his hands has Senna lived longer thoughmerv

Now that really would have been something to see, shuey was a master at his art.

I don't see how anyone can say its boring. There are a lot of differences between the Schumacher era and now, main one being that Jenson is beating his team mate fair and square. Last season was a bit of a farce, Mclaren and Ferrari both tried their best to throw the title away, and in my opinion the most deserving champ would have been Kubica. This year we just have a guy who has been through enough bad cars to know when to maximise every opportunity presented to him. I think the season is still open, the rules are still new enough to present teams with an opportunity to make big performance gains in a short space of time so Brawn might not be the fastest for long. To be honest though I don't see many other drivers being as complete as Button, possibly Alonso but I don't see Renault doing much to improve.

I will be travelling to Spa in August and I'm quite confident I won't be bored at any point in the weekend!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online