XJ600 N Top End

VO5
This post is 5433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As much as the obvious answer is prob goin to be buy a new bike, is there anyway to get a better top end speed without any change on the acceleration? as far as i know the bike is standard apart from a Nexus exhaust. It pulls fine all the way up to 110 then seems to not budge from that, it was done on a private road as its silly to go fast on public roads. Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As much as the obvious answer is prob goin to be buy a new bike, is there anyway to get a better top end speed without any change on the acceleration? as far as i know the bike is standard apart from a Nexus exhaust. It pulls fine all the way up to 110 then seems to not budge from that, it was done on a private road as its silly to go fast on public roads. Andy

Hi Andy,

do you think a 600 divi will do faster than that ? but if you keep the bike you will find 'its cool' but if you want to go faster (on private ground) my suggestion is to buy a more powerful bike as your post suggests

Regards Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy

I have a 1995 XJ600N and i managed to got up to 120 on a long stretch of road, started to shudder a bit but I can easily get up to 115, so check your carb balance and tyre pressures and upgrade your spark plugs

The book says it will do 125 but if the shudder is too much is it worth it :blink:

Hi Andy

I have a 1995 XJ600N and i managed to got up to 120 on a long stretch of road, started to shudder a bit but I can easily get up to 115, so check your carb balance and tyre pressures and upgrade your spark plugs

The book says it will do 125 but if the shudder is too much is it worth it :blink:

Would you want to do ileagal speeds on a bike that wasn't designed to do it ? As I said before those speeds should be on a track & not the road but if you think this is ok I'm at a total loss

Regards Jim

Quote:will keep it untill the insurance is due and see about buying a new bike, cheers Andy

the fazer or the bandit is the next stage up would say. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online