anyone know what this cover is?

metal hed11
This post is 5464 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my inexperience with these bikes is going to show here, this isnt a picture of my bike but on mine this cover is cracked, and the screw is stripped out. If i dont have to mess with it i dont want to, but if it is cruicial i will take the time to get it fixed. thanks

heres a picture of what im talking about

3-1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my inexperience with these bikes is going to show here, this isnt a picture of my bike but on mine this cover is cracked, and the screw is stripped out. If i dont have to mess with it i dont want to, but if it is cruicial i will take the time to get it fixed. thanks

heres a picture of what im talking about

3-1.jpg

by lookig at the photo and where abouts its located on the bike i would say you need to get a replacement im thinking it has somthing to do with the piston but not 100% im sure some one can guide you beter

:welcome: to the forum Metal Hed

That's where the points used to be on older XS's.....but as stated, it now houses the pick-up coil (Ignition)

Had this same issue with an XS400 I used to own......I used JB Weld to fix the crack (from the inside).....

You might be able to cure the stripped bolt.....by replacing it with a slightly longer one. :unsure:

:welcome: to the forum Metal Hed

That's where the points used to be on older XS's.....but as stated, it now houses the pick-up coil (Ignition)

Had this same issue with an XS400 I used to own......I used JB Weld to fix the crack (from the inside).....

You might be able to cure the stripped bolt.....by replacing it with a slightly longer one. :unsure:

thanks for the help and the welcome, :D

A good fix for a pulled thread is to cut a piece of cable tie & drop it into the threaded hole before replacing the bolt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online