RD's LC or powervalve

R1caz
This post is 7258 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's really down to the individual, some say the "original" LC because it was the first, others say the PV cause it a "turning point".

I like both, but Iv'e never owned the PV,Iv'e ridden a couple, like I say it's really your own choice.

depends what you like really. sure, specs/test say the powervalve is better, but i think they lost the character the first lc's had, and no longer had such a pronounced powerband. best is the powervalve for speed/handling/brakes. but for most character, rawness and looks go to the lc.

best is the powervalve for speed/handling/brakes. but for most character, rawness and looks go to the lc.

But if you want to ride a REAL motorbike.......AC RD's are the way to go :tu 8)

The powervalve is the better bike technically, more powerful, more reliable motor, better chassis and suspension etc. The original LC has loads more character though and is much better looking (IMO). The TZR's were better still with lighter wheels, ally frames and better suspension and brakes. The simple answer must be a YPVS engine in an early LC chassis with TZR wheels and forks. Here's mine :wink:

lcnew.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online