Has anyone fitted a Trailtech speedo

This post is 5462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone has any experience of Trailtech (or similar) speedo's? They are suposed to be road legal for the UK.

Like this?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

seen one working on a road legal yamaha yfz450 quad and was quite good but dident see it in the dark as i was only on it for a hour in the afternoon

pricy thogh

Cheaper and easier to find then original clocks which I have not got. They look V sexy as well. Just thinking about how easy they are to nick off the bike if I fitted them though.

Cheaper and easier to find then original clocks which I have not got. They look V sexy as well. Just thinking about how easy they are to nick off the bike if I fitted them though.

I think the first question i would be asking is does it run ok at 6v, as far as spedo's go one of those 6.99 pushbike things is legal there is no C+U specific rules on it so long as it is fitted and working. And DT electrics are not a strong point.

Otherwise i wouldnt discount it as an option, looks tasty too.

I think the first question i would be asking is does it run ok at 6v, as far as spedo's go one of those 6.99 pushbike things is legal there is no C+U specific rules on it so long as it is fitted and working. And DT electrics are not a strong point.

Otherwise i wouldnt discount it as an option, looks tasty too.

It can run on 6v and apparently straight from the ignition magneto!!. Or from it's own battery but you don't get the backlight.

A friend of mine had the pushbike thing on his Ural sidecar. Cheap as chips. I am a long way off from this purchase but always worth asking.

A good idea.

Or this for £4.95 but I am not sure it goes up to 180 MPH for the DT

speedo.jpg

Damn. Mandp have just emailed me to say that the big one tail pipe I ordered is out of stock until 23 May. I will wait and see.

hmm the problem with the cycle ones is that they take time to react and the wires look messy and i wouldent like to bett on the longjevity of them in the wet

These look good at the bottom of the page.

Here

That is a bit tasty.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online