help specs xs250 s

wishmaster
This post is 5472 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i just wanted to know does any one know were i can find the exact specs for my bike

it is a 1981 xs250 special i have look heaps and can not find them anywhere

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Google is your friend!!

Failing that, look at Bikez.com

hi i just wanted to know does any one know were i can find the exact specs for my bike

it is a 1981 xs250 special i have look heaps and can not find them anywhere

Hi Wishmaster,

what do you need to know ?

Regards Jim

Hi Wishmaster,

what do you need to know ?

Regards Jim

i am just trying to find out all the factory specs like you find on bikez.com but not even they have a listing for my bike

the closest i can find anywhere is the xs 400 special

i am just trying to find out all the factory specs like you find on bikez.com but not even they have a listing for my bike

the closest i can find anywhere is the XS 400 special

Hi Wishmaster,

I would guess those specs are 'good to go' as the bikes shared the same frame & cycle parts and only differed in the engine department via capacity/gearbox and aesthetic sections so you could be sound with that but to be sure PM Drewpy

Regards Jim

Looks like the '78 XS 250/400s continued production right into '82.

Click ye here

This also;

YAMAHA XS250/400

1978-82, 248/392cc OHC twin,

30/36hp 85/100mph 70/55mpg

Gutless but simple motor combined with quick rust cycle parts. Crankshaft and gearbox problems after 30k when the head gasket often blows, motors could do 40k when they weren’t worth trying to fix. Chronic starting hassles, usually from a combination of hard to trace problems (killswitch, carbs, rotted wiring, dying ignition, etc) Rare DOHC, spine frame XS400.

Looks like the '78 XS 250/400s continued production right into '82.

Click ye here

This also;

YAMAHA XS250/400

1978-82, 248/392cc OHC twin,

30/36hp 85/100mph 70/55mpg

Gutless but simple motor combined with quick rust cycle parts. Crankshaft and gearbox problems after 30k when the head gasket often blows, motors could do 40k when they weren’t worth trying to fix. Chronic starting hassles, usually from a combination of hard to trace problems (killswitch, carbs, rotted wiring, dying ignition, etc) Rare DOHC, spine frame XS400.

Hi Ttaskmaster,

250 = gutless, 360 & 400 like what you would expect ... both models could indicate a ton on the speedo. The bikes never showed any gearbox/crankshaft problems when within there first 10 years of life but I guess user abuse & age will take its toll

Regards Jim