Job Done!!! A2 Booked for 30th June

JonRisby
This post is 7254 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What more can i say

I passed the thoery on 18th june and now have just booked my practical for the 30th jun... i booked a cancelation. ;)

Can anyone give me any tips of the test and does the examiner have radio contact?

Thanks

Jon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Yeah my examiner was in a car, as his bike was having new tyres fitted apparantly :roll: I think it was just because it was absolutly pissing it down :evil:

Yeah all examiners are in one way communication with you

when i did my test the examiner followed me in a c*r and he was in radio contact.  cant think of any tips except stay calm, ride like u r enjoying it!! worked for me :lol:

You passed cos you offered for him to come back to your place didn't you? :twisted: :wink:

Hi. Having not long passed myself I would say ride as safe as you can ie. road positioning (just left of centre), always check over the shoulder before you do anything which will affect your speed, direction and/or position ie. signalling, braking, accellerating, moving over to the right for r-turns and stuff. Also, if you get on a dual carriageway get into the correct lane soonest. And don't forget your life saver checks everytime.

Hope it all goes good

$hando

Left of centre positioning for learning possibly.

But get behind a Police Motorcyclist and see their positioning (except on RH bends) and you'll find it's just inside the centre line. Anywhere else and you have no visibility behind oncoming cars, you have no escape route, and you run the risk of being T Boned from LH Junctions.

Get on a Police Bikesafe course....you'll learn a lot of real world survival stuff from guys who can really do it.

Left of centre positioning is what the examiners look for, down here anyway. However, the way you would ride for an exam is completly different to how you would ride normally. I was told by my instructor to stop riding in the centre of the lane. And was also given a couple of minors for it on my first attempt at the test, I know this to be the case as the examiner told me afterwards.

$hando

Ha ha, I'd just popped out for a year in '71. Thought I'd gotten away with it by narrowly missing the flared trousers thing, but it was not to be as parents of that generation delighted in dressing they're kids up like comedy circus clowns under the pretence that it was cute when the real motive is to take a shedload of happy snaps to emabarrass one with in later years.

$hando

• Admin

I rode all over the place on my test, depending on where i got better visibility, this is what the examiner himself would do, so if this is how you would normally ride thats what i suggest. As for example on a left hand bend you would want to be on the right of the lane

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online