XS400 Headlight bulb

Heather
This post is 5483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there, is there a bulb from say a regular automotive parts store that will work in the 82' seca headlight? Or am I stuck going to the yamaha dealership to get one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there, is there a bulb from say a regular automotive parts store that will work in the 82' seca headlight? Or am I stuck going to the yamaha dealership to get one.

I'd say take it with you to a parts store and act daft, you may be in with a chance and nothing to lose!!

Whoever had the bike before me, welded brackets onto a sealed beam headlight. So when that burnt out I was kind of stuck so I bought an OEM headlight off ebay but it didn't come with a bulb and the seller told me it had to come from yamaha. But that H4 does look like it might fit. Or yea I may just have to bring the headlight into a parts store and se what they can figure for me. Thanks

Whoever had the bike before me, welded brackets onto a sealed beam headlight. So when that burnt out I was kind of stuck so I bought an OEM headlight off ebay but it didn't come with a bulb and the seller told me it had to come from yamaha. But that H4 does look like it might fit. Or yea I may just have to bring the headlight into a parts store and se what they can figure for me. Thanks

You might be able to find one on ebay, but they can be quite rare, but when you find them they are much cheaper than from the dealer. I hear there is an H4 conversion kit for that size, but I can't remember where the site is for them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online