ypvs tzr125

pete79
This post is 5495 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

I have a tzr 125 on a h plate (90) that is the uk model which as u proberly know dose not have the full ypvs unit n pully etc its pegged closed. i was told i could manually open the vave which i try`d with no joy due to the low bottom end take off (no joke stuck at 5 mph) unless i cud set off for a standing start then all hell broke lose. can i regulate it say a half or quarter open so it can be rode ?

I was aslo offered a dt 125 ypvs complete kit (i know that the actual valve wont fit in the port) to large but can i get this to conect to my exsiting loom ? to run as normal ? or is it to much messin to derestrict cut my losses and sell n buy a derestricted model or get a totaly different 125.

Thanks you for your time pete.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi.

I have a tzr 125 on a h plate (90) that is the uk model which as u proberly know dose not have the full ypvs unit n pully etc its pegged closed. i was told i could manually open the vave which i try`d wiv no joy due to the low bottom end take off (no joke stuck at 5 mph) unless i cud set off for a standing start then all hell broke lose. can i regulate it say a half or quarter open so it can be rided ?

I was aslo offered a dt 125 ypvs complete kit (i know that the actual valve wont fit in the port) to large but can i get this to conect to my exsiting loom ? to run as normal ? or is it to much messin to derestrict cut my losses and sell n buy a derestricted model or get a totaly diferent 125.

I can remember a couple of lads who had these used a couple of car choke cables (ask your Dad) and the pulley unit of a 350 to make a (sort of ) manual ypvs for only a few quid. Dont see why you couldn't do it today.

Well a lot less than the powervalve kit was anyway and you had to produce your full licence to get it.

She will also respond to the usuall tuning stuff like a decent pipe, or knock the washer out of yours (if its still there). You will need to up the main jet for that tho.

And finaly yes you can set it where you like but be careful of the seals they usually leak once you start manually opening the valve.

Hi.

I have a tzr 125 on a h plate (90) that is the uk model which as u proberly know dose not have the full ypvs unit n pully etc its pegged closed. i was told i could manually open the vave which i try`d with no joy due to the low bottom end take off (no joke stuck at 5 mph) unless i cud set off for a standing start then all hell broke lose. can i regulate it say a half or quarter open so it can be rode ?

I was aslo offered a dt 125 ypvs complete kit (i know that the actual valve wont fit in the port) to large but can i get this to conect to my exsiting loom ? to run as normal ? or is it to much messin to derestrict cut my losses and sell n buy a derestricted model or get a totaly different 125.

Hi

the Dt kit will do the job bar perhaps the cable length, dependant on where the servo is mounted, The loom on the TZR has the same colours as the DT so connection to the loom may need just a few alterations (I dont know what DT kit you are looking at) in order for it to work. The Valve will not bean issue as you already have the valve sat in your barrel. without fitting the kit. without fitting the kit just cut a groove at 180 degrees to the original (this makes a complete groove across the restrictor) turn the valve open and peg it with the restictor, via the new groove. I guess you have done this and found the power delivery a bit harsh .. like a switch ... on or off ? But to be honest that never happend when the bike was new, so the carb may need some work in order to clear the progression tubes/holes, if done this will give you a bike that is a bit slow off the mark (with no stutters at 5 mph) and ridable and when 6k kicks in a little beast !

Regards Jim

I had a RD125 YPVS once in my youth, all I did was undo the YPVS side plate then manually open the power-valve and left it open.

Ran really well and you certainly knew when the power band kicked in!!

I'd definately try and get the valve open and leave it open.

My RD also had a standard ALLSPEED pipe, got rid of the standard can, they have a big restrictor in them.

Do you have a standard can on yours? That could be your bottom end problem.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online