2000 R6 not selecting gears

herb-powers
This post is 5472 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello i have a 2000 R6 only 8K miles The gears have always been a bit clunky but recently when going up the gears i have to lift toe twice to get it to change , the first time nothing happens and it goes in no problem the second time . not crunching or load , its not like that going down gears, not to good for hard accerelation as it takes two tries to get next gear any thots or info would be brilliant thanks very much

worried yam owner

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

[hi, these suffer from gear shift shaft springs snapping,is the gear lever all floppy ? other than that you prob looking at a gearbox strip to find fault. easy job when you know the bike..

Guest Richmun

Hello i have a 2000 R6 only 8K miles The gears have always been a bit clunky but recently when going up the gears i have to lift toe twice to get it to change , the first time nothing happens and it goes in no problem the second time . not crunching or load , its not like that going down gears, not to good for hard accerelation as it takes two tries to get next gear any thots or info would be brilliant thanks very much

worried yam owner

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online