hi

DTGordo
This post is 5498 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Thanks for a great forum.

Here's a few pictures of the DT I got last year:

It was advertised like this:

dt2501.jpg

dt2502.jpg

I was able to go out and have a look as it wasn't far from home. It wouldn't start or go in gear but I figured at $250 I could strip it for parts anyway:

June08298.jpg

Turns out apart from a buggered piston it was pretty good really. Spent a bit of time cleaning bits like the clutch which was rusted together and getting the water out of the transmission.

It's registered now so clocking up the km's where I can. Once it's settled I'll venture a little further up into the hills

14042009.jpg

I'm heading towards an MX looking type of thing unless I change my mind!......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good work, DTGordo !! That Yam rocks.I can see you managed very well with the restoration.

:rolleyes:

:D awsome job gordo looks amazing mate ,god i love the looks of that ,it reminds me of wen i was a kid on the bikes in the fields behind our house in the 70s ,god i miss those days :D :D :D :D :D

I reckon If that had been here in the uk it would be much worse for wear unless kept indoors, just shows how much drier your climate is. Looking good enjoy riding it. :)

Yeah don't get started on the weather. 40+ in summer and minus 5ish in winter. Victoria on fire and floods up north. Take your pick.....

Yeah don't get started on the weather. 40+ in summer and minus 5ish in winter. Victoria on fire and floods up north. Take your pick.....
hi,dt look like a great bike you got there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online