TZR 50 cuts out-please help

tzr92
This post is 5500 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My yamaha tzr 50 sometimes cuts out when Im just going along fine. The revs just drop until I come to a stop.

Also it doesnt let me rev it hard as I cant take it past 10,000 rpm but as soon as I put the choke on it pulls right past 10,000.

When it does cut out it is hard to get started. It wont even bump start but if I leave it 5 minutes or so it usually starts fine. After that it cuts out every couple of miles. Can somebody help me with ths problem

It is not a sparking problem as I have already changed the coil, lead, plug, and tried a colour tune in and even when it cut out it was still sparking but not igniting. I have also cleaned the carbuerattor and raised the needle as high as it can go as the choke suggests that there is not enough petrol or there is too much air in the mixture.

The bike is derestricted but I havent done any modifications to it.

The bike used to go fine and I havent changed anything.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm no professional, but to me the not getting over 10k revs sounds like fuel starvation to me.

As for the cutting out, how's the temperature? If it gets too hot it will start running higher revs and eventually cut out( you probably know that, but, just incase lol).

I'm no professional, but to me the not getting over 10k revs sounds like fuel starvation to me.

As for the cutting out, how's the temperature? If it gets too hot it will start running higher revs and eventually cut out( you probably know that, but, just incase lol).

Well at 9500rpm it slows down and speeds up. Only by about 1mph but thats a lot on a moped and it makes it feel really bad. I raised carb needle so I have as much petrol going into engine as I can. So air leak right, but the manifold is fine.

I put a samller air filter on it that must have been restricting it as when I put the choke on with that air filter the bike cut out(Like it should do) It didnt run well with that air filter because it was restricting it though.

And for the temperature, the light didnt come on and radiator was warm so I dont have any more ideas

Others have this problem but with no solution.

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6545

Well at 9500rpm it slows down and speeds up. Only by about 1mph but thats a lot on a moped and it makes it feel really bad. I raised carb needle so I have as much petrol going into engine as I can. So air leak right, but the manifold is fine.

I put a samller air filter on it that must have been restricting it as when I put the choke on with that air filter the bike cut out(Like it should do) It didnt run well with that air filter because it was restricting it though.

And for the temperature, the light didnt come on and radiator was warm so I dont have any more ideas

Others have this problem but with no solution.

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6545

hi tzr92, we had similar problems after i wanted to put the standard air box back on, if i were you i would put the needle back to the center position and put a size 112 to 116 main jet in and do a plug chop, if you need choke to make it run better you are running to weak and adjusting the needle is not the way to go, after taking my cone filter off i tried a size 92 main and i also needed choke to run it was way too weak with the standard air box:lol:

My yamaha tzr 50 sometimes cuts out when Im just going along fine. The revs just drop until I come to a stop.

Also it doesnt let me rev it hard as I cant take it past 10,000 rpm but as soon as I put the choke on it pulls right past 10,000.

When it does cut out it is hard to get started. It wont even bump start but if I leave it 5 minutes or so it usually starts fine. After that it cuts out every couple of miles. Can somebody help me with ths problem

It is not a sparking problem as I have already changed the coil, lead, plug, and tried a colour tune in and even when it cut out it was still sparking but not igniting. I have also cleaned the carbuerattor and raised the needle as high as it can go as the choke suggests that there is not enough petrol or there is too much air in the mixture.

The bike is derestricted but I havent done any modifications to it.

The bike used to go fine and I havent changed anything.

Your just not listening ... fair enuff

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online