crash bungs

add76
This post is 5499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I am a new rider just got a Thundercat only had it two days and not been off it (bless the weather) it is so much fun.

My brother has been riding a few years and suggested I look ito getting crash bungs fitted.

Do many Thundercat owners out there have them? what do you think? good idea?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Crash bungs cost a few squid.

Fairing costs hundreds.

If ever you drop the bike, the ground will hit the bungs, not the expensive plastic, mirrors, bars etc.

Short answer: YES!!!!!!!!!

;)

Crash bungs cost a few squid.

Fairing costs hundreds.

If ever you drop the bike, the ground will hit the bungs, not the expensive plastic, mirrors, bars etc.

Short answer: YES!!!!!!!!!

;)

Good point, I will look into it. Never anyones intention to drop there pride and joy, and I am also very aware I have very little real world experiance riding. Funny, if my car gets pranged I just think oh well insurance job, If my bike got pranged bad (say if I ended up dropping it )I would just be mortified lol... thanks for the reply.

Good point, I will look into it. Never anyones intention to drop there pride and joy, and I am also very aware I have very little real world experiance riding. Funny, if my car gets pranged I just think oh well insurance job, If my bike got pranged bad (say if I ended up dropping it )I would just be mortified lol... thanks for the reply.

YES YES YES!!! Get some as soon as you can.

You never know whats gonna happen, and as TT said they can save you hundreds of pounds. My mate came off his viffer in front of me last year and there was very little damage to the bike - the bungs took a beating, but thats what they are there for.

R&G's all the way though - a little more expensive but WELL worth the money honey ;)

I almost dropped someone's bike over the weekend, actually.

Off the centrestand, brake on and tiiiiiiiiiiiip.

The SAD (Stopped And Dropped) thing is a common one to have happen when you're new to biking. Most people do it at some point, especially with bikes like the top heavy tourers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online