HID replacement Headlights

Zoro
This post is 5296 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you felt the need to replace your dim headlights with HID (xenon) conversion kit? There are so many of them on the market. they vary in price from around £50 to over £100 for the kit (single H4 bulb Lo/Hi) some advice or comments would be greatly appreciated from those with experience. Many thanks in advance. Zoro

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just got the brighter Phillips one. 60w, I think it was.

Didn't make much difference, TBH. I'd need those secondary headlights for that.

I just got the brighter Phillips one. 60w, I think it was.

Didn't make much difference, TBH. I'd need those secondary headlights for that.

I agree with you tTaskmaster, I got the Phillips brightlight and the night riding experience was no better. Thats why I have been wondering about investing in a Xenon Kit.. :blink: It does not look that many people are interested in such conversion. Thanks for your reply anyway ;)

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you felt the need to replace your dim headlights with HID (xenon) conversion kit? There are so many of them on the market. they vary in price from around £50 to over £100 for the kit (single H4 bulb Lo/Hi) some advice or comments would be greatly appreciated from those with experience. Many thanks in advance. Zoro

Hi Zoro thinkin of the same for my s2,same thing happened when i enquired last year.We might have to be the lab rats to test it out.

• 6 months later...

hi zoro, i want to put hid lights on my bike as well. i have them in my car so when you do put them in don't buy the cheap versions. i have had nothing but problems with the cheap version with the balasts. they do make motorcycle hid kits that i have found on different websites. good luck.