Info for the newb

YammaNutz
This post is 5491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings fellow members

I new to this forum and furthermore the biking world. Will have had my licence a year in August (yey) so yes I am still green.

I recently bought my second bike, its a 600R TCat. Its curently got 22.5k miles. I am informed that I can increase the lifespan of my engine by getting the engine re-built etc.

Can someone please grace me with their experience and awesomeness and tell me what the average cost may be for a rebuild. When is a good time to consider getting one?

What other kinds of things to consider when getting major work done to her? Obviously regular service oil filter etc.....

And what kind of mileage to get to and consider canning it? i know these questions are quite generalised and not expecting a spot on response.

It currently sounds mint and healthy. All standard including can. First time starter.

I need educating people.....Watcha' got for me....I am not mechanically minded (yet) but intend on learning what I can when I get time. Just want to keep it as long as possible until funds and riding XP permit my progression to R6 then R1.

Thanks Fellas!

:lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello matey - i am no mechanic, but when i have chatted to my biking buddies about buying bikes, they have said it is not so much the wear and tear on the engine, it is the wheel bearings, linkages, suspension and other peripheral parts that wear out first. 22.5k sounds a lot - too high for me - but if it is fully serviced and in good nick, then why not!

This post was probably worth nothing of value to anyone, but i enjoyed passing on the advice that got me to buy my new R6! tee hee.

its a 600R TCat. Its curently got 22.5k miles. I am informed that I can increase the lifespan of my engine by getting the engine re-built etc.

It's barely run in bud :D

Mine had 78k on the clock when it was stolen.

I bought it ex-demo with 586 miles on the clock. I had it eight years and in that time the only engine work to be done was valve clearances at 24k, 48k & 72k and a head re-skim at around 65k.

The engines are near enough bullet proof as long as they are maintained correctly :D

As Madison says, so long as you look after the bike you can expect most to do 100K without any major issues.

An ex-police Pan with 84,000 on the clock is usually good for up to 200,000 miles if you look after it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online