Want an RD 350 Late Faired YPVS - F2

Brian Catt
This post is 5511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bikeless of Sunbury seeks recently loved RD350, for constant petting and an occasional thrashing...must be ready to rock 'n roll and ideally unblemished by cosmetic surgery..

I want a cared for RD 350 F2 or maybe YPVS for fun, as original as possible. An Ariel Arrow with a Bonneville's power output in a 300lb bike should be interesting enough for me, and its nice and dirty to offend Blair heads and my mate who thinks 500cc single cyliders were cool - Nah.

............ before I move on to a Fazer or Hornet.

So what is the best way to be in line for the nice ones that do become available? Oh, and not getting stiffed by a bad 'un?

Advice on avoiding dieing too soon on an RD 350 (vs. any other bike) would also be good.

Thanks for all help, I'll even pay a finder's fee if I get a good one. I don't want a "project", I want a bike someone has loved back to good nick that I can appreciate for them and care for.

Brian

01932 772731

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Be prepared / expect to use the brakes again

Strokers just don't care if you close the throttle cos they have absolutely no engine braking

The more cylinders it has the more prounounced is this interesting characteristic --- V4's or square 4's are all throttle and brakes.(and exciting with it)

The truth is if you don't ever use your brakes really hard then perhaps you simply don't go very quick anyway.

The school of thought which advocates that you don't need to brake hard if you think ahead are supporters of MPG and not MPH

I've digressed but you did ask what to look out for in a F2 (or similar) and in short my answer is "reliance on good brakes"

Please enjoy your rides between fuel stops and to hell with the planet

SmokinV4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bikeless of Sunbury seeks recently loved RD350, for constant petting and an occasional thrashing...must be ready to rock 'n roll and ideally unblemished by cosmetic surgery..

I want a cared for RD 350 F2 or maybe YPVS for fun, as original as possible. An Ariel Arrow with a Bonneville's power output in a 300lb bike should be interesting enough for me, and its nice and dirty to offend Blair heads and my mate who thinks 500cc single cyliders were cool - Nah.

............ before I move on to a Fazer or Hornet.

So what is the best way to be in line for the nice ones that do become available? Oh, and not getting stiffed by a bad 'un?

Advice on avoiding dieing too soon on an RD 350 (vs. any other bike) would also be good.

Thanks for all help, I'll even pay a finder's fee if I get a good one. I don't want a "project", I want a bike someone has loved back to good nick that I can appreciate for them and care for.

Brian

01932 772731

Chequerd Flag Extreem Motorcycles

The Old Lcw Site

541 Halifax Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX3 8ER

Tel: 01422 202665

Fax: 01422 202668

Open Monday-Saturday 9am-8pm

Sunday 10.30am-6pm

Got loads in all sorts of spec, most fully restored others race tuned, all mint or very nearly and bloody expensive. But if they are as good as they say its prob worth it. Up to you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online