Yamaha RD350F1 ypvs

grant74
This post is 5526 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys!

wondered if any of you fine fellow yamaha fans could shed a bit of light on a couple of things for me. I am currently starting out on a restoration project on a 1986 Yamaha RD350 F1 YPVS (uk bike) and need some detailed pics of a standard one in standard colours (mine should be white / red) - I have a couple of side-on pics in a book I've bought but need some of the top of the petrol tank and top of the tail piece etc - so I can hopefully get the painting right. Does anybody know where I can obtain the original paint codes and paint?

One more thing - Although I have all the documents, the previous owner, as yet, cant find the key, obviously hoping he can find it but if not - any idea how I can obtain a duplicate from yamaha - is the key number stamped on the ignition barrel anywhere? cheers to all who offer any advice - everybody have fun out there and stay safe.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A good website for the Rd350lc / Ypvs is www.rd350lc.net which has some good colour pictures and info for the lcs and powervalves and also the haynes book on the Rd350lc / ypvs is worth getting .I think the original key would have had a metal tag with it which had the key number on so im not sure if the number is stamped any where else.Did you get the manual or service book with the bike as it might be written in there. If not if you join the rd lc forum i'm sure someone would be able to help.Tony.

Hi Tony - thanks for taking the time out to post a reply mate - will look into the RD websites you suggested. Also, I do have the haynes manual with the bike (no relevent info tho) ,I also have a book on the history of the 350lc (haynes "Great bikes" range) - but no info as yet - and I doubt a Yamaha dealer will be interested in helping. Keeping my fingers crossed my mate finds the key!. Its not the end of the world if not - the ignition barrel and petrol cap are easily replaced via M and P catalogue - its just the seat lock which may prove difficult. Again thanks for your reply - very good of ya - keep it two wheels sunny side up mate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online