Alternator brushes?

wild foamy
This post is 5543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

just a quick question, is it possible to fabricate a set of alternator brushes or do you have to buy originals from a dealer?

ta

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

maybe possible if you can find something a bit bigger and file it doen but easiest just to right things to start with i reckon

Merv

hi everyone.

just a quick question, is it possible to fabricate a set of alternator brushes or do you have to buy originals from a dealer?

ta

Steve

You can bastardise something to fit, but for your pockets sakes (at the best of times) keep with the original replacements. From experience it works out cheaper mate.

Apart from that have you checked the windings on the bit that the brushes go onto? Get a copy of 'Motorcycle electrical techbook' by Haynes. Can let you know a decent bit about the old Lecky bits. Hope this helps.

thing is its for my jawa, it wont charge so im considering replacing the brushes and generally just giving it an overhaul, but replacement brushes are near impossible to find

oh, erm... my german isnt that good mate, any chance of a translation? (dont want to order it and then have to send it back because it aint the right thing.)

have translated the word in three parts and it has returned "frictional coal bracket"... O.o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online