exhaust

bobbyhollie05
This post is 5547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have just had a new arrow exhaust on my xt125 but on my old one there was a pipe coming of it i think it is a secondary air system valve but the new one does not have this i followed the pipe and it went to my air filter i was wondering if this will effect my bike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

www.photobucket.com

make a account and upload images there

photobucket will give you the image url so you can post it

Hi mate, that justs looks like an EGR valve, the engine will re'use the exhaust gases to lower the emissions when the valve opens but i dont open when your pinnin the throttle and need fresh mixture, it'll run fine without it i should think, just block the pipe up or route it somewhere out the way. It could be a diaphram for somthing tho, could do with havin a good look at it and see if it actuates anything, if it does could be important, what years the bike?

Well it could be either then, if it was an older model it would be unlikely to find EGR on it, id quickly av it out and see if it actually moves anything, if it just looks like a valve to allow flow through then its EGR

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online