how to de-restrict a 2005 xt125x PLEASE HELP

This post is 5555 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

can anyone help how to de restrict my bike can not find any info anywhere

try using the search function.

I guess it would be re mapping the bike if anything? im not sure to be honest, havnt looked at these bikes that much but you could ask a yammy dealer.

Sorry i was of no real help

can anyone help how to de restrict my bike can not find any info anywhere

There is no restricter fitted to your xt125,it is basically a ttr125 engine.

I have had a rebore done on my xt125, the new piston was from a YBR125 and the gasket set for a 2003 ttr125.

I have also fitted new valve seal's and re-ground the valve's, so the engine has been stripped by me and I can tell you there is no restricter fitted.

As I have said on my reply to your previous post you need to search for bore kit's from a ttr 125 that may fit.

Google "ttr125 big bore kit" and you find over 10,000 result's.

There is no restricter fitted to your xt125,it is basically a ttr125 engine.

I have had a rebore done on my xt125, the new piston was from a YBR125 and the gasket set for a 2003 ttr125.

I have also fitted new valve seal's and re-ground the valve's, so the engine has been stripped by me and I can tell you there is no restricter fitted.

As I have said on my reply to your previous post you need to search for bore kit's from a ttr 125 that may fit.

Google "ttr125 big bore kit" and you find over 10,000 result's.

when they built the xt125 they did it to a bit of a budget, so the engine doesnt really have that much potential.

you will be best looking for a big bore kit. an exhaust, air filter and new jets can make some difference, but it depends how much you want from your bike

Tom

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online