FZS 600 Tapping Noise

PenguinUK
This post is 5572 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

I've been riding for quite some time but i still suck on the tech side and i've just discovered a problem.

I've started to notice a tapping noise/feel from my left foot pedal when i accelerate? i'm guessing this isn't good? but have no idea where to start? its not there when left on tick over just when i start to accelerate? big problam (garage) or something small maybe i could do myself to be cheaper? Any ideas are helpful!

Thanks Folks

PenguinUK

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you checked the chain tension lately ?? is the chain in good codition and well oiled ? could be there be a tight spot on the chain and the chain is ready for renewing ? are the sprockets worn out ?

Also,

Check that the nut hasn`t come off/come loose on the gearbox sprocket, to do this properly you will need to take the cover off behind the gear shift lever.

This is a known fault on Fazer 600s and some 1000s, there is a nodified nut and lock washer fix.

If this is the problem, if you don`t want to do the job yourself then you need to contact a Yamaha agent ASAP, before more damage is done.

Yamaha will fit a new gearbox sprocket nut and washer free of charge to any fazer owner who,s had the problem of theres comeing loose. yamaha will also change the gearbox shaft if the threads are 17.5mm or under, this is also free of charge except for the engine oil . the warranty claim is open to all fazer owners ,the age, mileage and number of owners of the bike is irrellevent.

Hi folks,

I've been riding for quite some time but i still suck on the tech side and i've just discovered a problem.

I've started to notice a tapping noise/feel from my left foot pedal when i accelerate? i'm guessing this isn't good? but have no idea where to start? its not there when left on tick over just when i start to accelerate? big problam (garage) or something small maybe i could do myself to be cheaper? Any ideas are helpful!

Thanks Folks

PenguinUK

Hi

Whats the chain tension like & the lube on the chain? During bad weather chains do have real punishment ...

Regards Jim

Stiff (seized) link, had the same on my bandit, put the bike on mainstand if you have one, turn the rear wheel and look out for a link or links that are not straight, if you find any grab either side with pliers and see if its seized, theres no cure other than a new chain, believe me...I tried :( If it is that, i bet you wont let it happen again ;)

Thanks for all the replies folks!

Guess what i'll be doing this weekend? lol.

PenguinUK

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online