Crash Bungs

mrmoog
This post is 5568 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do any of you guys know where i can get some crash bungs for a 08 R1, i don't want to cut or drill anything. Many thanks (First post so be kind) Regards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just had a look for the place on the bike that they screw into, and they are right in the middle of the piece of fairing that comes accross, what do i do. Would i have to use spacers to raise the fairing up, would this put a strain on a certain point of the fairing?

I may give this idea up as a non starter

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

You may also be interested in Oggy Knobs (see the Aussie disty: http://www.kenma.com.au/oggy.html).

The reason I suggest them is that most Oggy Knobbs kits are designed to fit without any fairing modifications, also known as "no cut", whereas most other brands require cutting into the fairing. They're really popular over here.

Just had a look for the place on the bike that they screw into, and they are right in the middle of the piece of fairing that comes accross, what do i do. Would i have to use spacers to raise the fairing up, would this put a strain on a certain point of the fairing?

I may give this idea up as a non starter

Regards

Mate dont give it up!!!!

I got some bungs on my 2008 R6 and thought they looked stupid until it dropped on its side - i tried to jump under it before it hit the ground and missed :blink: , only cost me 13 quid for a new clutch leaver, the bungs saved the lot!!

Now i love them!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online