what size jet ?

steved
This post is 5573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

go up to about a 220-230, buy a few at one time and experiment, do a plug chop and find which jet works best for you.

are you running any other mods?, K&N filter?

go up to about a 220-230, buy a few at one time and experiment, do a plug chop and find which jet works best for you.

are you running any other mods?, K&N filter?

i have earthed the wire for ypvs, tried to fit a filter but there is no room. what do you mean about plug chop?

take your spark plug out clean it up then put it in start your bike up quickly take it up to the redline dont let it idle over to much then turn it off. remove spark plug and hope it looks a chocolatlly colour this means you can sit back and no need to fafff around with jets....usually you wont be that lucky tho :P best bet is to do the plug chop depending on result go buy a jet set (online quit cheaply) then you can play around see what works best good luck

'fraid im not familiar with YPVS, that basically an electronic restriction? (like on the CDI?)

there should be some walkthroughs on here somewere regarding a plug chop, but basically:

ride your bike down the street and let it rev out before you change gear, cut the engine and coast into your driveway/garage, take the spark plug out and have a look at it, if it is white, blistered and/or has "whiskers" on it then this indicates a lean running engine, if it is black and sootey this indicates an engine running rich, and ideal mixture would leave a chocolatey brown colour on the top of the spark plug.

quite often you will need to remove the airbox to get enough room to fit a 29mm K&N style air filter, on mine i had to remove the rubber pipe connecting the engine to the airbox and cut a bit out of the front of my airbox to fit it, but it is a cheap and worthwhile mod especially on these free-reving two strokers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online