SR 125 Maintenance Query

Heppy
This post is 5580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

I'm a new member, and I hope you can help. I have a 1997 Sr 125 which runs like a dream. However, I notice that the rear brake light keeps getting stuck on. I had the drum brake stripped and cleaned, but this is still happening. Could anyone help me and suggest what might be wrong?

Also, there's a small bit of rust on the front wheel rim. I was planning to try Wurst's Rost Off to clean it. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check the microswitch attached to the rear of the brake pedal by a spring. They often get bunged up with crud due to their unprotected location. A quick spray with compressed air will shift any muck. Failing that, WD40 will also do the job.

Check the microswitch attached to the rear of the brake pedal by a spring. They often get bunged up with crud due to their unprotected location. A quick spray with compressed air will shift any muck. Failing that, WD40 will also do the job.

+1 ........locate the switch, spray with WD40 and pull the spring down/push it back up several times until it works properly. Another thing to consider is whether the brake cam is getting stiff in the backplate, shove it back and forth with your hand to test if it's free, it should return without being pulled back.

+1 ........locate the switch, spray with WD40 and pull the spring down/push it back up several times until it works properly. Another thing to consider is whether the brake cam is getting stiff in the backplate, shove it back and forth with your hand to test if it's free, it should return without being pulled back.

Thanks Madison and Old Git (never thought I would write "thanks old git" in my life and mean it nicely). I'll give this a go when it isn't pouring with rain and let you know how it goes. Really appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Thanks Madison and Old Git (never thought I would write "thanks old git" in my life and mean it nicely). I'll give this a go when it isn't pouring with rain and let you know how it goes. Really appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Hi Madison and Old Git, Just to let you know it's all fixed. Thanks so much for your help. :rolleyes::D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online