Another Dragstar 650 V&H Cruzers topic!

r_blake_lawson
This post is 5359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, to update you all I now have a nice bright glowing speedo and an apology from my local dealer.

Still no news on the exhaust as I cant get hold of OPM. A very nice guy from Alchemy UK will order me one in so I'll probably go for that. A little expensive but no cheaper in the UK.

In other news I was unlucky enough to have my first accident over the weekend. Hit some gravel while braking hard and ended up on my side. Bruised ribs, broken thumb and an injured ego! The bike did amazingly at pivoting on the frame at the foot boards, my clutch lever and my saddle bags which protected my legs from anything more serious. Broke the indicator but other than that just scuffs.

Clothing to a battering but again it all did its job.

Ride safe... I quickly forgot I'm still a newbie and 10 months riding doesnt make me an expert!

Rich

Sorry to hear about your off honey and glad you're ok.

You're a proper biker now lol

Good to hear the bike didnt take too much of a beating also!

Just be careful out there cos a lapse of concentration can send you on yer arse - we've all done it ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear about your off honey and glad you're ok.

You're a proper biker now lol

Good to hear the bike didnt take too much of a beating also!

Just be careful out there cos a lapse of concentration can send you on yer arse - we've all done it ;)

Thanks Goff - I think it was exactly that, a moments lapse in concentration! I'm taking a lesson from it dont you worry!

Well, to update you all I now have a nice bright glowing speedo and an apology from my local dealer.

Oh good.

People should never have to deal with such shite and dealers have never filled me with particular confidence.

Oh good.

People should never have to deal with such shite and dealers have never filled me with particular confidence.

Indeed they shouldnt. Glad you got it sorted honey ;)

Well... after searching the globe for my cruzers I wondered into a local bike shop over the weekend and guess what was hanging on their wall..?

£340 fitted... bargain!

Paint Question

On an unrelated note, following my little slide does anyone know where I can paint spray to match the Yamaha Black of my Dragstar? I popped into Halfords to get one of their spray cans and they dont stock motorbike colours... Repair is filled, smoothed and primed... just need some black to match!!

Any help welcome!

Rich

• 2 months later...

Where was your local shop???? £340 fitted sounds a good price as almost £400 for pipes now

• 4 months later...

I fitted the 3" Roadburner stepped pipes today (easy to fit) to my '98 Yamaha XVS650A Dragstar and what a difference they've made. Deep loud rumble, just perfect, even better than I had hoped for. Did I mention loud? The included cores are perfect, couldn't imagine removing them or ever needing to change them. Bottom end, midrange and top end all sound excellent, better performance all round as well. I have a hypercharger and carbs rejetted and also fully recommend it. On idle, the sound is great, deep and lumpy. I had stock pipes with modded baffles before and my mechanic said these pipes won't make much of a difference, maybe a bit. Well he's in for a big surprise next service, he will hear me coming! I thought long and hard before choosing these pipes and read many forums and reviews on all available pipes before making my choice. I can tell you it pays to go that little bit further. I almost bought slip ons until I heard another bike like mine and there was no big difference between them and modded baffles in stock pipes. Almost didn't buy any pipes because of it. Luckily for me I did and I am so pleased with the result. A few more bucks for a lot more bang

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online