125 dragstar crankshaft replace

simon1325
This post is 5583 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, Has anyone changed the the crank pin and con rods on the xvs 125, I have it all stripped down but now need to take the crank apart. does the crank pin need pressing out and how is the new one aligned?

Cheers for any tips

Simon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All, Has anyone changed the the crank pin and con rods on the xvs 125, I have it all stripped down but now need to take the crank apart. does the crank pin need pressing out and how is the new one aligned?

Cheers for any tips

Simon

Hi Simon, that is a job for the professionals not your average enthusiastc home mechanic me thinks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Simon, that is a job for the professionals not your average enthusiastc home mechanic me thinks!

hey there, this is totally true unless ur a great mechanic leave it into the workshop, this isnt goign to be cheap for you, i was lucky- I bought a drag 125 and the previous owner had left it on the kicker so the bearings had seized up over time, i had a years warranty on mine so the shop i bought it in decided to replace the entire crank shaft costing THEM around £500+ to replace!!!! so now my baby is like brand new with only 1900 miles when i bought it!!!